Thursday, February 18, 2010

Swine Blog

Okay,

This is how it's going down. I cannot get myself to get the H1N1 Flu vaccine.

I convinced myself finally that it is the right thing to do, but when I had to actually drive to Kaiser I couldn't do it...

Basically an extreme situation flashed before my eyes: I was one of 15 survivors left in California because an unseen problem with the vaccine surfaced 5 years after the initial outbreak of Swine flu. I sighed and began to accept that I was now responsible for helping to re-populate this great state.

Now I know this is illogical, but I have an extreme personality and high anxiety so naturally this possibility would occur to me.

Long story short, it comes down to fear. Currently I am more afraid of the vaccine than the virus. What can you do? Fear is powerful, just look at Glenn Beck.

Just thought I'd give you an update. I'm sure I'll flip-flop a few more times with this one.

-Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I was against getting the shot until I let fear persuade me it was worth the unknown risks of the vaccine... That said, if I could go back in time, I wouldn’t have bothered. I can’t speak of actual statistics, but it seems as though *most* people have gotten the shot already. So by those standards you are less likely to even encounter the active virus.

    And yeah. We may need your contaminate-free future offspring to repopulate California. Keep those gametes safe and sound! ;)

    ReplyDelete